Galt Number Puzzles
10 colourful 3-piece puzzles to develop early counting skills and number recognition. Each puzzle features a large number, the number word and interesting items to count. Only the correct pieces will fit together
- 10 colourful 3-piece puzzles to develop early counting skills and number recognition
- Each puzzle features a large number, the number world and interesting items to count
- Only the correct pieces will fit together
Develop counting skills with these colourful puzzles
These 10 colourful 3-piece puzzles will help your child to develop early counting skills. They will also encourage recognition of the numbers 1 to 10 and the corresponding number words. Each puzzle shows a large number, the number world and interesting objects for your child to count. Only the correct pieces will fit together
Here are some suggestions for using Number Puzzles with your child:
- Start by introducing the first five numbers puzzles. As your child grows more confident, gradually include the reaming puzzles
- Help your child to count the items accurately on the picture pieces by touching each item as they count aloud
- Help your child to understand that the total value of the count is the last number they say. When they have finished counting, try asking, ‘How many caterpillars did you count?’
- When your child has correctly counted the objects, help them to find the matching number. Encourage your child to trace over the large number with their finger
- Pick out a picture card and ask your child to find the matching number
- Share out the pieces and see how many completed puzzles you can each make. Then swap pieces until all the puzzles are completed.
- When your child can confidently complete the puzzles, place them in a row, in number sequence. Starting with number 1, encourage your child to work along the puzzles from left to right, saying the numbers in order.